While the health of the child is the responsibility of the parent, the school recognizes that there are circumstances when the child will need to receive medication in school from persons other than his or her parents or guardian. School employees under limitations and conditions of state law 380.1178 ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATION TO PUPIL LIABILITY can administer medications.
- All medications will be kept and administered in the school office (including cough drops, ointment, etc).
- Parents must bring the medications in their ORIGINAL CONTAINERS to the school office
- Parents must fill out the Medical Consent Form allowing school staff to administer the medication BEFORE any medication can be given.
- Medications will be dispensed according to package/pharmacy instructions.
- Students are not to transport prescribed medication. Parents should make arrangements to pick up and drop these off to the school office.